This is Daily Dadspeak—daily reflections on becoming a dad, while still growing up myself. You can find the full mini-pod audio list here.
November 17, 2021
I am halfway through a morning run. A crisp November morning. Standing here next to an empty cornfield and some half naked trees, a few with their late fall colors still showing.
This has not been a particularly physically enjoyable run at all. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been out for a longer run. And I didn’t want to do this one bit when I woke up today. It’s cold, and I knew I was gonna be tired, I knew it was going to hurt.
It’s the kind of run that just doesn’t feel good. But at the same time, you’re glad you did it, because you knew you needed to do it so that the next run can be better.
And I got to thinking about throughout the day, how many times we have that little ping inside of us that says, “Hey, this is the next best thing for you to do. This is the most important thing for you to spend your time on.” But instead we go and do something else. We sidetrack to something easier or something more enjoyable.
So I’m wondering just how different would our lives be if every moment we got that ping to do that next, most important thing right now, we just did it.
Enjoy this? Share it with someone else who will too:
Error: Your Requested widget "AddToAny Share " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area grve-default-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-1-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-2-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-3-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-4-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-single-portfolio-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area smartslider_area_1]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="lpwtoc_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="a2a_share_save_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-2"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-2"]