This is Daily Dadspeak—daily reflections on becoming a dad, while still growing up myself. You can find the full mini-pod audio list here.
I had an interesting conversation in the bathroom this morning.
“Daddy, when they bury you in the ground, do they put you inside a box, or do they just put your body straight in the ground.”
“They usually put the body in a strong wooden casket,” I answered.
He corrected me: “Or they put you in that other house thing.”
“A mausoleum?” I offered.
“Yeah, a mausoleum. Or they burn you and spread the ashes,” he continued. And then the big question: “Daddy, what do you want to happen to you when you die?”
“I don’t really care, whatever’s cheapest,” is what came to my mind.
And then what was in his mind: “When I die, I want my body to be eaten by a lion.”
I laughed, then had to know more: “A lion, eh? And why’s that?”
“It could be any carnivore, really. It’s just much cooler.”
He might have a point.
Enjoy this? Get a biweekly roundup of reflections and quotes on life and little people straight to your inbox:
Enjoy this? Share it with someone else who will too:
Error: Your Requested widget "AddToAny Share " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area grve-default-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-1-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-2-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-3-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-footer-4-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area grve-single-portfolio-sidebar]
- [do_widget_area smartslider_area_1]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="lpwtoc_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="a2a_share_save_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-2"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-2"]